Who doesn’t love travel quotes?! Travelling can be taxing, difficult and tiring. In spite of the cost, regardless of resources and no matter where life takes me, I will always revere travel. Travelling has taught me so much about myself and the world around me and I never want to take that for granted.
No matter your style, goals, or plans, surely your trip is meaningful to you in many ways. Here are 30 travel quotes sure to inspire you to get out there to see the world.
The Best Travel Quotes
1. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.”– Hilaire Belloc
2. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.”– Paulo Coelho
3. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”– Lao Tzu
4. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”– John Green
5. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”– Jalaluddin Rumi
6. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”– Dalai Lama
7. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”– Ibn Battuta
8. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”– Tim Cahill
9. “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.”– Sir Richard Burton
10. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”– Jack Kerouac
11. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”– Babs Hoffman
Photo credit: motivationquotes.org
12. “Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.”– Rick Warren
13. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”– Confucius
14. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.”– Sandra Lake
15. “Traveling is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”– Miriam Beard
16. “To Travel is to live.”– Hans Christian Andersen
17. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”– Andre Gide
18. “The traveller sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.”– G.K. Chesterton
19. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”– James Michener
20. “It is not down in any map; true places never are..”– Herman Melville
21. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”– Helen Keller
22. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”– David Mitchell
23. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”– Anita Desai
24. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”– Mary Anne Radmacher
25. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”– Henry David Thoreau
26. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”– St. Augustine
27. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.”– Anna Quindlen
28. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”– Mark Twain
29. “Never go too long without watching a sunset.”– Atticus
30. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.”– Lao Tzu
These memorable travel quotes have the ability to capture little moments of clarity that highlight truths about travel, adventure, and life.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these awesome travel quotes and you’re feeling inspired! If you’re looking for more awesome travel quotes, check out these 111 travel quotes and 100+ quotes perfect for Instagram by other awesome content creators.
Have more inspirational travel quotes? Share one with me below in the comments.